Health and safety measures continue to remain in place at Phoenix Art Space. This is in line with the ‘hands, face, space’ campaign to safeguard the welfare of both staff and visitors. For more information about what measures to expect when you visit, see ‘How We Are Staying Safe’ below.
The galleries at Phoenix Art Space are now open Wednesday – Sunday, 11.00 – 17.00 during exhibition dates. Please check our website to see when our exhibitions are on.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a school, college or university group visit.
- Please socially-distance throughout the building.
- Please wear a face covering / mask in the galleries and corridors.
- Please sanitize your hands on arrival.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
We are continuing to prioritise the safety of our students and tutors and limit the risk of virus transmission as much as possible. In addition to the measures in place throughout the building we will ensure the following for our course programme:
- Workshop rooms are well ventilated, windows and doors to remain open throughout each session.
- Hand sanitiser is available for everyone to use on entering the workshop rooms and during the session as needed.
- Workshop rooms are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Group sizes do not exceed 10 students so that everyone can spread out.
Please note: face coverings may be removed whilst in the workshop rooms but this is at the tutor’s discretion.
Canvas Coffee Co. is now fully open for takeaway and indoor seating.
Mon – Wed 9.00 – 16.00
Thurs – Fri 9.00 – 17.00
Sat – Sun 11.00 – 17.00
To keep up to date with the latest café news and special offers, make sure to follow them on social media @canvascoffeecompany
Regular Groups and Venue Hire
Support Phoenix along the road to a new normal
Our business model is a mix of public funding, fundraising and commercial income. Therefore we do not make any profit and any income realised from our activities gets re-invested into programmes for the benefit of our audiences.
If you have ever engaged with Phoenix Art Space, brought your friends to a recent exhibition, participated in a course taught by one of studio artists, attended our family workshops with your children, been inspired by our regular artist talks, or relaxed in our Cafe, we ask you to continue supporting our organisation in order to safeguard its future.
You can do this by:
We remain committed to our role within the local arts community, and we will continue to connect with you through social media, emails and through our website. Thank you for your ongoing support.
How We Are staying safe
What we have done
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building in key locations.
- All shared spaces, equipment and public toilets will be thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis.
- Toilets will be open to those using the workshop rooms and gallery visitors only and will operate on a one in/one-out basis.
- Front of house staff will be provided with appropriate PPE.
- We will keep rooms well ventilated
- Student contact details will be collected via our booking system so that we can engage with the NHS test and trace service if necessary.
When you are in the building please keep to the following guidelines:
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, or have been in contact with someone with cold or flu symptoms, please do not enter the building.
- Respect social distancing.
- The ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach will be promoted throughout the building.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival, before and after using the toilets and frequently throughout your visit.
- Respect our staff who are here to keep you safe.
- We ask that visitors wear face masks in the foyer, café and walkways of the ground floor. These areas are used by everyone and social distancing can be more difficult in these spaces.