How We Are Staying Safe
What we have done
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building in key locations.
- All shared spaces, equipment and public toilets will be thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis.
- Toilets will be open to those using the workshop rooms and gallery visitors only and will operate on a one in/one-out basis.
- Front of house staff will be provided with appropriate PPE.
- We will keep rooms well ventilated
- Only one class will take place at a time in the building, class sizes are reduced or students will be spread out across two adjoining rooms so that social distancing guidelines can be adhered to.
- Class start and end times are spaced out so that students can enter/exit the building without coming into contact with others.
- Student contact details will be collected via our booking system so that we can engage with the NHS test and trace service if necessary.
When you are in the building please keep to the following guidelines:
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, or have been in contact with someone with cold or flu symptoms please do not enter the building.
- Other than visiting the cafe, all visitors must be pre-booked on a course or to visit an exhibition.
- Arrive on time for your course/exhibition slot to avoid gathering in our foyer area.
- Respect social distancing according to government advice.
- The ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach will be promoted throughout the building.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival, before and after using the toilets and frequently throughout your visit.
- Respect our staff who are here to keep you safe.
- We ask that everyone who is able to, to wear face masks in the foyer, café and walkways of the ground floor. These areas are used by everyone and social distancing can be more difficult in these spaces.
In September we reopened our doors to students and began a socially distanced version of our course programme. Our top priority will be to keep everyone safe and we will continue to follow the government guidelines.
To find out more about what to expect please see the How We Are Staying Safe section above. A more detailed list of COVID 19 safety measures and guidelines for students will be circulated to all ticket holders before the start of their course. You can download that document here.
Regular Groups and Venue Hire
We are working closely with our regular building users to enable them to return as soon as possible and some groups have already started in a reduced capacity. However we will not be taking new venue hire bookings until January 2021. If your booking was postponed in March at the start of the crisis please contact our Production Manager Gabby at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what your options are for re-scheduling. All bookings are subject to a risk assessment before they can be confirmed.
Throughout October our Window Gallery and Main Gallery will open Thursdays – Sundays, 13.00 – 17.00. You will need to book in advance to view the exhibitions. See our What’s On page for more information and booking details.
Support Phoenix along the road to a new normal
Our business model is a mix of public funding, fundraising and commercial income. Therefore we do not make any profit and any income realised from our activities gets re-invested into programmes for the benefit of our audiences.
If you have ever engaged with Phoenix Art Space, brought your friends to a recent exhibition, participated in a course taught by one of studio artists, attended our family workshops with your children, been inspired by our regular artist talks, or relaxed in our Cafe, we ask you to continue supporting our organisation in order to safeguard its future.
You can do this by:
We remain committed to our role within the local arts community, and we will continue to connect with you through social media, emails and through our website. Thank you for your ongoing support.