UPDATE: reopening FROM 17 may
Phoenix Art Space are excited to announce that we will be reopening under Stage 3 of the government’s roadmap for England. Our workshop rooms reopen from the 17 May and our galleries reopen from 20 May. We have a full programme of exhibitions, events, arts courses and community engagement planned for the spring / summer. Our summer term of arts courses is now available to book here. Find out about our upcoming exhibitions on the What’s On page.
Health and safety measures will continue to remain in place at Phoenix Art Space in line with the ‘hands, face, space’ campaign to safeguard the welfare of both staff and visitors. For more information about what measures to expect when you visit, see ‘How We Are Staying Safe’ below. All plans are of course subject to restrictions being lifted on the dates set out in the government’s roadmap.
The Main Gallery & Window Gallery will be reopening to the public from 20 May, Thurs – Sun, 13.00 – 17.00. Visitors will be expected to pre-book a free, timed slot in advance of their visit and abide by Covid guidelines. See the ‘How We Are Staying Safe’ section below for more info.
You can still view many of our exhibitions online. Window Gallery exhibitions can be viewed safely from the street outside our building. Click here to see what’s on this month.
Our summer term of arts courses are now available to book! Our workshop rooms are reopening from May and we have scheduled a selection of online, outdoor and in-venue courses throughout the summer. Visit the courses page to browse the entire selection.
We will continue a socially-distanced version of our course programme. For more info about what to expect when you return to the building, please see ‘How We Are Staying Safe’ below. You can also download our COVID safety guidelines for students and tutors here.
If you had a place booked on a course that was suspended, please email Learning Programme Manager Chloe to claim a refund or credit note.
Canvas Coffee Co. will be reopening for takeaway on 1 April, with the aim to fully open from 17 May.
Mon to Friday 9AM – 3PM
Weekends 11AM – 5PM
To keep up to date with the latest café news and special offers, make sure to follow them on social media @canvascoffeecompany
Regular Groups and Venue Hire
We are now taking venue hire bookings for those looking to hire out our rooms this summer. To find out what we offer, please see our hire page.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all venue hire enquiries. All bookings are subject to a risk assessment before they can be confirmed.
If your booking was postponed in March at the start of the crisis please contact our Production Manager Jade to discuss what your options are for re-scheduling.
Support Phoenix along the road to a new normal
Our business model is a mix of public funding, fundraising and commercial income. Therefore we do not make any profit and any income realised from our activities gets re-invested into programmes for the benefit of our audiences.
If you have ever engaged with Phoenix Art Space, brought your friends to a recent exhibition, participated in a course taught by one of studio artists, attended our family workshops with your children, been inspired by our regular artist talks, or relaxed in our Cafe, we ask you to continue supporting our organisation in order to safeguard its future.
You can do this by:
We remain committed to our role within the local arts community, and we will continue to connect with you through social media, emails and through our website. Thank you for your ongoing support.
How We Are staying safe
What we have done
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building in key locations.
- All shared spaces, equipment and public toilets will be thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis.
- Toilets will be open to those using the workshop rooms and gallery visitors only and will operate on a one in/one-out basis.
- Front of house staff will be provided with appropriate PPE.
- We will keep rooms well ventilated
- Only one class will take place at a time in the building, class sizes are reduced or students will be spread out across two adjoining rooms so that social distancing guidelines can be adhered to.
- Class start and end times are spaced out so that students can enter/exit the building without coming into contact with others.
- Student contact details will be collected via our booking system so that we can engage with the NHS test and trace service if necessary.
When you are in the building please keep to the following guidelines:
- If you have cold or flu symptoms, or have been in contact with someone with cold or flu symptoms please do not enter the building.
- Other than visiting the cafe, all visitors must be pre-booked on a course or to visit an exhibition.
- Arrive on time for your course/exhibition slot to avoid gathering in our foyer area.
- Respect social distancing according to government advice.
- The ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach will be promoted throughout the building.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival, before and after using the toilets and frequently throughout your visit.
- Respect our staff who are here to keep you safe.
- We ask that everyone who is able to, to wear face masks in the foyer, café and walkways of the ground floor. These areas are used by everyone and social distancing can be more difficult in these spaces.