Jane Campling & Geoff Hands: Drawn to Painting
Jane Campling and Geoff Hands are Phoenix Art Space studio members who share an interest in drawing and painting in relation to various landscape sources. A shared engagement with the immersive experience of landscape space, engaged initially through the drawing process, ties their respective works together as an extensive theme still relevant for contemporary painters. Their related projects also explore abstract ‘painterly’ language through gesture and colour and the use of the inherent materiality of paint as medium in the studio environment, often resulting in series-based formats and themes. For this Window Gallery presentation the artists have selected works that reveal distinctive personal developments, whilst jointly echoing and contrasting their own particular approaches to celebrating landscape environments.
Join us for the opening of Drawn to Painting on Friday 29 July, 18.00 – 20.00.
VISITING THE GALLERIES
The galleries at Phoenix Art Space are open Wednesday – Sunday, 11.00 – 17.00 during exhibition dates.
- You do not need to book in advance of your visit. Entry is free.
- Mask wearing is optional, please be considerate of those who choose to wear one.
- Our cleaners clean high-contact areas regularly.
- Sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.