Hiring the Main Gallery for Exhibitions
Image Credit: Bernard G Mills
Based in the heart of the city, Phoenix Art Space hosts a variety of ambitious and large-scale exhibitions in our Main Gallery throughout the year. This includes curated exhibitions commissioned by Phoenix Art Space, guest curators and partner organisations, and exhibitions initiated via our application process. We offer a centrally located, highly-regarded, accessible and professionally managed space in which to present your exhibition. Our ground floor also features a cafe, and meeting & workshop rooms.
Artists, curators and exhibition organisers can apply for an exhibition space via the online application form below. They should have in place or be able to raise funds to cover the venue charge - please see rates below.
The Main Gallery is located on the ground floor of the building, and is fully accessible.
Dimensions: 10.87m x 10.65m (main space). Please see the Floor Plan.
Facilities: Roller blinds, white walls, LED track lighting, gallery storage.
What We Can Offer:
– Front Desk Reception (Opening Times: Weds-Sun, 11.00-17.00)
– A Friendly, Creative and Professional setting for your exhibition
– Marketing (Website, Social Media, Posters)
– Online Shop (35% commission)
– Public liability Insurance
– Venue Management and Overheads
What the Exhibitor / Organiser Must Cover:
– Production, Presentation, Transport costs and Labour
– Insurance of Exhibition Contents
– Adhering to Phoenix Art Space's Marketing and Health & Safety Guidelines
The income generated from the venue charge is invested directly into the core running costs of the Main Gallery. A significant proportion of exhibitors have received support from a range of sponsors and funding bodies; we suggest you include these figures in your fundraising applications, and we are happy to discuss this further with you. A limited number of bursary reductions are available at certain times of the year.
Please see our current Venue Charges.
* We are now accepting applications for dates in 2021 & 2022. Please submit your application below. Include all dates you are available. We cannot reserve a place in the programme until your funding is confirmed. Minimum hire length is two weeks, with major exhibitions generally running 4 – 6 weeks.