Opportunity: Open Call for Artist Collectives
This opportunity is now closed.
Take part in our upcoming project: Collective Conversations
A residency and development opportunity in the Main Gallery at Phoenix Art Space from July – August 2023.
We are offering a paid opportunity for 2 – 4 Artists collectives to have full access to our Main Gallery for four weeks, to use the space as a shared exploratory studio, workshop or event space.
Collective Conversations is a platform for showcasing making, experimenting, and playing. We would like the collectives to use the space for collaborative making, knowledge and skill-sharing, via artist talks, workshops or public events – we want to hear how you might use the time and space to explore and develop your practice and audiences.
Do you want a testing space for trying out something new? Or for running a series of zine-making workshops, radio shows, or peer critiques? Would you like to collaborate with another artist collective?
We are particularly keen to hear your programme ideas and who you think your ideal audiences might be. The selection process will take in consideration how you propose to realise these with the time and resources available.
We have also partnered with A Woman’s Place Projects who are providing funding to support one collective. This collective should be women led and we particularly encourage applications from collectives who have an intersectional approach to their practice. The bursary can cover the cost of accommodation, travel or childcare for example – to a maximum of £1500. Please identify in your application what you need the bursary for.
– Artist collectives working in all types of contemporary visual art practice, including photography, new media, fine art, artists’ moving image, sculpture, live art, crafts, design, architecture, site-specific, socially engaged, participatory and interdisciplinary practices.
– Must be able to travel to Brighton on a regular basis
– £500 fee per collective
– £250 production budget per collective
– 24hr access to Main Gallery space from 19 July – 20 August 2023
– Production and development support from Phoenix Art Space team
– Work featured and promoted on Phoenix Art Space website and social media
– Access to our AV equipment subject to availability This includes projectors and monitors.
– The opportunity to share your practice with members of the public.
For more information about the opportunity and how to apply, click here to download the application pack.
Deadline: Monday 29 May, 5pm
We aim to respond to all applicants by 7 June.
For questions or further information contact email@example.com or call 01273 603700