Artist of the Month: Zoe Clare
1 How long have you been at Phoenix?
2. What are you working on at the moment?
I am working on a small sculptural piece based on a native NZ flower commissioned in memory for the family’s home in New Zealand.
3. Which media do you like to use?
I work in ceramic and favour porcelain in particular.
4. Which other artists do you admire?
Dylan Lewis, Anish Kapoor, Phoebe Cummings
5. What would you recommend to go see?
Georgia O’Keeffe at the Tate.
6. Is there a piece of work you’re particularly proud of?
I really believe in my recent sculpture Multicultural Forms, which explores and portrays diverse cultures co-existing and becoming one mutually supportive form. Celebrating and exploring the effects of established cultures combining their beauty and structure only achieved through mutual reliance.
For more about Zoe, see her website.
Take a look at the Artist of the Month archive here and make sure to check back next month to see who’s featured!