Artist of the Month: December 2018
1. How long have you been at Phoenix?
I think 9 years ...
2. What are you working on at the moment?
A few galleries are waiting for collections of my bird paintings on reclaimed wood. I've also got a large new seascape inspired by my 4 month Scottish Residency last year that is waiting to be created as a screenprint.
3. Which media do you like to use?
I enjoy swapping between screenprinting and painting ( I find screenprinting very challenging and I never stop learning, when I'm in the print room I feel like I'm at art college when its actually my full time job!)
4. Which other artists do you admire?
That's a tough one, there are so many. I can narrow it down to 3 - Ian Phillips, Melvyn Evans and Elaine Pamphilon.
5. What would you recommend to go see?
6. What work are you most proud of?
That would probably be The Bee Eaters, a very large painting I sold about 10 years ago. The colours and style were influenced by a trip to India.