The Moving Needle
About the Event
The Moving Needle is an exciting new group of Textile Artists formed just before the pandemic hit. They got together to further their knowledge, improve their skills and, most importantly, to support and encourage each other. Their interests range from natural dying to improv quilting to 3D textile art.
This is their first exhibition and will showcase the collaborative work produced during the past 2 years as well as each individual member’s textile art.
2020: Each artist created a wall-hanging 20cm x 2m on the theme of 2020.
Lockdown Round Robin: collaborative medallion quilted wall-hangings worked on during lockdown and sent by post from member to member.
Individual work: Themes include the Natural World, Latvian Dance and Infant feeding.
Artists: Tracie Bignell, Pauline Buchanan, Kelly Cheesley, Carol Eremin, Tina Proctor, Janis Simmonds, Jane Spedding & Connie Willcocks.
VISITING THE GALLERIES
The galleries at Phoenix Art Space are open Wednesday – Sunday, 11.00 – 17.00 during exhibition dates.
- You do not need to book in advance of your visit. Entry is free.
- Mask wearing is optional, please be considerate of those who choose to wear one.
- Our cleaners clean high-contact areas regularly.
- Sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.