Christina Ure: Fragile Blooms
Christina Ure has been an active member of Phoenix Art Space for over 20 years and her work is represented in numerous private collections as well as public/community art installations.
Her fine art practice is complimented by her long standing commitment to working with children and adults in art placements within schools and the wider community.
‘I am transfixed by the beauty and transience of blooms. Flowers mirror the human condition; of living a finite life of incomplete meaning.’
‘I explore through the depiction of light on/and through surfaces, the dichotomy of being fragile and resilient, small and huge, vulnerable and sturdy’
‘As I tiny thing myself I am fascinated by the inherent beauty of tiny things, and the reality that ‘‘tiny’’ is a matter of perspective’.
Join us for the preview on Friday 4 March, 6-8. Everyone welcome.
VISITING THE GALLERIES
The galleries at Phoenix Art Space are open Wednesday – Sunday, 11.00 – 17.00 during exhibition dates.
- You do not need to book in advance of your visit. Entry is free.
- Mask wearing is optional, please be considerate of those who choose to wear one.
- Our cleaners clean high-contact areas regularly.
- Sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.